Just finished our last OB/Peds lecture for the semester. We also had our first peds quiz today, and it was much easier than I expected. So, at least I have been able to start the semester off on a good foot. I just hope I can keep it up! I'm really enjoying it. I kind of think I might want to be a peds nurse. I was dead-set against it when I first came into the program, because everyone and their grandma wants to be a peds nurse. However, clinical has so far been amazing, and I just love it. Getting barfed on hasn't even deterred me. We'll see though. I haven't had a kid who screamed a lot, however I have dealt with kids like that in the real world so I'm pretty sure I can take it.
Yay for Fridays. I have learned to appreciate it when I don't have as much going on. Super Bowl is this Sunday, and I actually think I'm going to watch it. Last year I was studying at the library the whole night- life is so different now! I can't wait until I don't have to study at all. I know that nursing is a continuous learning process, but it just won't be the same as having to come home every night and study for hours, being tested on what you know constantly. I know there is some of that, but can it really be as bad? However, the stress of school gets replaced with the stress of dealing with big mean doctors.
Well, I'm at the school library and really need to be getting home, so I'm going to be going.
2 comments:
Instead of coming home and studying, you come home and sleep. I was asleep on the couch at 8pm on a Friday night. What a freakin' life! (hah hah, do you get it?)
What a frickin life I have! HA! I came home yesterday and slept. So maybe life won't change too much- just minus the studying. I feel like most of my time at home is either sleeping or studying... I have taken more naps since nursing school than I probably have my entire life.
Post a Comment