Sunday, January 25, 2009

I don't have to get up early tomorrow :)

Weekends are wonderful. Even more wonderful, knowing that I don't have to wake up dark and early Monday morning. Even if I have to study all day, it's not as bad as actually having to drive to school and sit through eight hours of lecture. No, I'm done with that! :) We will now only have lectures on Thursdays for our leadership class- we are basically finished with lectures for OB/Peds, although we have to make up some lost time this Friday because none of us could make it through one day. I just realized today that I have less than a month to midterms. I'm going to make it my goal to study, or at least read, every single day so that I don't get behind and feel like I'm cramming. How I hate cramming!

Tonight as I was walking into Target, I saw a young couple with their little girl, running to their car together, just laughing. It was so cute and just made me smile. It's not often you see parents playing with their children as if they are children themselves. Most of the time you see them yelling at their kids and telling them to shut up- which I also saw tonight at Target. I hope I can be a young-at-heart mom.

I went to CFC again today. It was good. I actually went by myself, and while I walked in I felt so awkward. It is a great church, but I have learned why so many people hate church. Nobody talks to you! I walked past hundreds of people, sat down, and nobody went out of their way to talk to me. I have never experienced that before! Thankfully, I turned around during the greeting and Melissa was sitting behind me! I was glad to run into someone I know. On the way in I was just praying that I would run into someone I know, but it didn't happen until then. I suppose I should probably try out Sunday school there, because I was thinking how I won't ever get to know anybody if I just show up at the service where no one talks to me anyway. This isn't to say that I can't make the effort, but it is a little intimidating when you are around hundreds of people you've never met, to just strike up a conversation with a group of people. Or maybe that's just me who feels that way?

Hung out with Amanda and Tricia tonight, and watched Lion King. We decided that we were going to watch a Disney movie, and it brought back some great memories. I miss the 90s. We realized that the movie is about 14 years old- definitely means I'm getting old. I still think of that one as one of the more "recent" Disney movies, as opposed to Little Mermaid- which is now almost 20 years old! It's amazing that I so vividly remember Little Mermaid as a little kid, because I was barely three when we got it. I think the 90's was the best time ever. This week we were watching old videos from our childhood, and it amazes me how much things have changed in my lifetime. I'm not old (not really), and yet we live in a completely different world now! Who would ever have dreamed up HD, ipods, dvds or blue-ray (or however you spell that), everybody down to 10 year olds carrying cell phones, wireless internet, etc... things that I don't even think twice about having but at some point in my life these things didn't exist. I remember when it was cool to have a cd player.

Ok, starting to get way too random so I'll be going. And I need to go to bed. I meant to study more tonight, but looks like that's not gonna happen. Good night!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Had my first real church-visiting experience last semester and I agree it uncomfortable.
I hope I don't soon forget... makes me more aware of folks who might be new.

Enjoyed the trip down memory lane - technology has come a long way.
I am remembering my hot pink cassette tape player I used to bring to your house...