I'm writing from the great state of Illinois! I flew into St. Louis last night and got to go straight to my aunt and uncle's and meet my new little cousin, Alex. Greg and Maria are in town also this weekend, as well as a few other cousins so I thought why not come up also? Hoping for it to be a good weekend. I'm happy to be with family.
I got to see my grandparents' memorial today for the first time. They originally had told us they didn't want a headstone, but because they had purchased a plot many years ago we decided that we needed a place to remember them. It is next to my grandma's parents headstone. I just sat there thinking about them, talking to them, and crying. It was so good. I have already dealt with their loss, but sometimes it helps to cry and just remember. I feel refreshed after that visit, almost like they were there with me.
Good to get away. I need to get away more.
No comments:
Post a Comment