First night I flew in I got to meet my new baby cousin, Alex!
While Melissa was at work, I drove into Grafton for something to do. A very small, cute town on the Mississippi River. Saturday night we went to one of the wineries there as well.
The Great River Road
We ate Saturday morning breakfast at Aunt Sam's Uptown Eatery
Sitting on Robert Wadlow's chair
What a fun, relaxing weekend I had. I wish I could have just stayed there. We really did a lot in just the four days, yet I still felt like it was relaxing. Sunday we went to my uncle's 60th birthday party, which was fun because we got to see a lot of family that afternoon. The three great-granddaughters all got to meet each other and there was definitely some drama there. It was so cute!
Unfortunately my trip couldn't end on a relaxed note, because not one, but two of my flights got delayed. My first flight out of St. Louis was delayed by two hours. So we rescheduled my flights so I could take a later one out of Atlanta. Well, that one got delayed by more than two hours as well. It was so frustrating, but I made it. The entire process was slow and frustrating though from the boarding (I've never seen such a chaotic boarding process than the flight out of Atlanta) to the weird guy I had to sit next to, to the baggage claim when I got home.
But now I'm home, and I get to go back to work tonight. Joy! I'm glad to have something to do since I'm sad to be home and bored.
No comments:
Post a Comment