Sunday, August 5, 2012
Change- It Starts with Action
I got canceled at work tonight, so I decided that I needed to go on a grocery trip. It was a somewhat pricey one, and I need to figure out how to shop a little smarter in the future. It was overwhelming enough tonight simply trying to find only healthy foods that I can stomach. My grocery shopping habits tend to be, "What looks good? Ok, I'll buy that today." So today I mostly bought fresh, and the only meat I got was turkey for sandwiches for work.
Tonight as I was shopping I was looking for quinoa. I texted my sister Hannah (in a nutrition program at college) and asked her where I could even find quinoa. Then told her I bet she thought I'd never ask that. She has already offered to help me with anything that is healthy and good for me-- already explaining that quinoa is high in protein and iron, low in sodium, and works as a substitute for rice. Maybe Hannah can specialize in making healthy food that normal people like to eat-- I'd be a good guinea pig for stuff like that!
Weight Watchers online is actually an incredibly great resource. It has gotten a lot better since I did it three years ago! If anyone wants to join me... I'd love to have a partner to hold me accountable!
I have come up with my weight goal, but decided that if I reach a point where I love the way I look and feel, I will simply go to maintaining. I really don't want to be a tiny, skinny thing. Mostly I just want to be toned but keeping my curves... we'll see. I doubt one can really have the best of both worlds.
I know it's the first day... and that when you first decide to do something you can quickly lose motivation. Right now I'm determined that no one else will make a rude comment regarding my weight again. But I know it's about more than that. That was something that made me realize that I wasn't taking care of myself, and it's starting to show. I don't want to give up on this. It's something I'm doing for me, and no one else
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment