Exciting changes to be coming. It is freeing to even think about.
After time spent with a dear friend tonight, it became very clear to me what I need to do next. I am looking into travel nursing, and expect to hopefully be starting it by January or so. I need time to be myself, to do something new, and not be held back by people around me.
As I have not yet begun to officially pursue it, I don't know when it will be. I just know it will be, at some point. Something has got to give in my life, and this choice is for nobody but myself. I have felt trapped by family drama, the choices of others, and my own striving to make things right for too long... and traveling will do nothing to change that. But it will give me my own space, my own time, and my own identity apart from the shit I've had to deal with for the last two years. Selfish, maybe, but it's not a choice I am making lightly.
So here's hoping.
No comments:
Post a Comment