My poor little car. Some dude in my apartment complex hit it with his massive Ford Expedition. It's nothing that can't be fixed, but a real pain and I can't drive it because it was right over the front left wheel. The cop cited it to me because I cut the turn just a little bit, but the guy was driving way too fast to be approaching a stop sign, and even when I laid on the horn and with plenty of time to stop, he didn't even slow down and rammed right into me (not to mention he was way off the center of the road-- and I have pictures to prove it). But since there were no witnesses, it's cited to me, even though it wasn't nearly as much my fault as it was his. Let's see, listen to a "silly" twenty-something girl (you know, cause women can't drive) or a thirty-something guy? I wonder which way the cops are gonna go. Best part is, the guy lives two doors down from me and I get to run into him all the time!
I think I have a case to contest it, because I took pictures of everything. We'll see. I think overall I'm just pissed I don't have my perfect little driving record anymore, and it really wasn't even my fault because a cop came along and subjectively looked at the whole situation. And I'm mad that my tax return will now go to fixing my car, because my deductible is high. I was excited to pay more into loans and maybe have a little extra to spend, but oh well. I have very little to complain about compared to what it could have been.
Work was pretty good this week. I had a terrible dream last night that I got floated to our DOC floor and was given eight patients all by myself... a nightmare! But it wasn't real, whew. Hopefully a good week this week. Tomorrow my car's getting towed and I get to deal with an insurance agent. Yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment