Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's days like this when I don't like working night shift. I have to work tonight, but I can't sleep for the life of me today. I woke up at 9:30 this morning and am almost always able to get in a short nap at some point before work. So far, unsuccessful. Oh well. Just have to get through 12 hours of work and then can come home and sleep, hopefully rested enough to work another two nights.

I got together with a few nursing friends yesterday. Always a good time! I found this dress at Ann Taylor, and I was so excited that it is long on me!! Never, ever, is anything made for height in the clothes department. I imagine most people have to get it hemmed when they buy it, but not me! It's perfect! Anyway, I won't be wearing it for probably at least a few more weeks due to weather being just a tad too cool.

Although on that note, it has been an unusually warm winter, even for Florida. Most days have been highs in the 70s, with even a couple in the 80s. I've found myself wanting to go to the beach. Of course whatever it is 20 miles inland, you can always count on it being 5 degrees cooler on the beach with a breeze. Though I usually enjoy the colder weather, I'm actually ok with the warmth we've been getting.

And here I am, completely exhausted but facing three nights of work. I'm so excited. But thankful that I have a job. I'm just hoping they are manageable nights. I haven't worked three in a row for awhile, and I'm sure I'll remember why once I do it. Roughly 40 hours of work in 72 hours' time is pretty tough. I'm just looking forward to my 5 nights off at the end of the month!

No comments: