Monday, May 2, 2011

I apparently went to bed way too early last night. Before I drifted off into lala-land, I did hear that the President was going to be speaking. I was just too tired though...

Anyway, good news to wake up to. I had gotten a text from my sister Hannah last night at 11:30, but I rolled over and ignored it. I'm glad I did, because I'm sure I would have woken right up and watched the news for too long. When I checked my facebook this morning, I couldn't believe the amount of victory statuses on there. I realize this is a huge thing, but people need to remember this guy wasn't the only thing we have to worry about. There's still more like him out there.

Did I sleep last night! Honestly one of the best nights of sleep I've had in awhile, even if I did wake up a couple different times (maybe subconsciously, I felt safer with Bin Laden dead?). A full night of uninterrupted sleep is hard to come by for me, but I have to say last night was one of the best I've had in awhile. And I also have to say, there is nothing better than hearing thunder rumbling in the distance while I write this. Just no tornadoes, please.

I can't believe all the tornadoes that have been occurring this spring. Please keep these people in your prayers. One of my patients was just telling me yesterday about someone they knew who was killed in one. So many are affected by this.

I have recently found out that I like country music. I actually always have, but never really listened to it. My sister Hannah has always been a fan, and I used to laugh at her for it, but now we love listening to it together. Ok, I'll never be a die-hard fan, but who doesn't love a little wholesome music about God, their country, and family?

I go back to work tomorrow night, but after a three in a row I'm off for six! Since Hannah is off school, we are trying to make plans to have fun. And can I say, it is awesome how we have become much better friends in the last few months? It's amazing what a few years can do for a friendship with a sister.

No comments: