Sunday, May 15, 2011

I just came off a surprisingly good three days of work!! I mean, all three nights my teams were relatively good. I got into work last night and was floated to our department of corrections floor. I was so mad when I found out, because it's my third time over there (most nurses have never been floated there in years of working here, yet I've managed to be floated there three times in just a few months). Every other time there has been awful. Last night was great. I was so bored almost the entire night, which never happens.

I have to say, though I respect people who work on that floor every day, I'm glad I'm not one of them. I think nursing hardens a person in general, but there is a whole other element in correctional nursing. These nurses are different than your average nurse. Not to mention the officers that work there. I heard more language and vulgarity last night from nurses and officers than an R-rated movie would allow-- I think I walked away from several conversations out of sheer embarrassment. Needless to say, I'm glad I don't work on that floor because as hard as it can sometimes be to live out my faith on my floor, it could be near impossible on DOC.

I'm off the next 4 nights, thank goodness. I'm sure that with a week this good, a bad one is definitely coming up!! I kept saying, "You can't have 3 good days in a row!! Not possible!" Hopefully, though, this will be a good week, both at work and at home.

No comments: