Happy Memorial Day! Today I think of our military, past and present, protecting our freedoms. I also think of my Grandpa, who once spent four years of his life serving in the US Army during WWII. It seems like this past week has brought a lot of memories of both of my grandparents, from my grandma's birthday to Memorial Day, and many moments in between. I like being able to remember, and not always feeling so sad when remembering them.
It was a good, relaxing weekend. Saturday I went with my family to our church's picnic on the lake. There really isn't anything more relaxing than a day on the lake. I can appreciate it especially when I'm more used to the crowded, sunny, sandy beach. There is something really relaxing about a serene, shady lake. Yesterday after church, the Warrens invited us over for lunch. It really was a fun and relaxing time. They, as well as the Kerchers, are the closest thing we have to family down here.
My sister is visiting this week from St. Louis, which I'm really excited about. I have to work some while she is here, but I'm just going to enjoy the time that I have with her. I hope that all of us can be together at the same time, which never happens anymore. Even this week at the lake, with just the five of us, I realized that is normal for our family now- just five. I miss when it was seven of us. I don't know how people with small families can deal when just one person moves away and they are down to just a few.
So now I'm just relaxing for the day with a movie, and will probably clean some later. My landlord is coming by this week to check out a leaky sink, and I don't want him thinking we've trashed the place! Not that it should matter to him that there is clutter, but still.
Life has found a new rhythm for the summer, and it is a relaxing one. I hope it stays this way for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment