I haven't been one much for New Year's resolutions for a couple of years now. I never keep them. This year, I went out and bought myself a diary and resolved to start journaling again. I kept journals from the time I was 9 until I was almost 22. It stopped when my computer crashed last year and I lost two years' worth of journaling on my computer. I was actually really upset about that, but decided to keep up at least with blogging. But this year, I am going to write in my journal again, by hand so that there's no risk of losing it forever. A place where I can write my thoughts a little more un-filtered, and maybe my blog posts will stop being so woe-is-me as I know they have been recently. Maybe I can actually write something on here worth reading this year.
I am a huge fan of soundtracks. My most recent purchase was the Wall E soundtrack. I have been contemplating buying it for almost a year now. A very cute movie, and the soundtrack is also very cute and fun. If you haven't seen the movie, go out and rent it right now. It isn't the most exciting, but it is definitely adorable and worth it.
Looking forward to my first day on my own tomorrow! I'm excited. Although I'm afraid that feeling this way, I could potentially have a terrible first day. Well, I will just have to find out! It's time to just do it, and simply ask questions when I need help. I work tomorrow and Monday, then am off for another three days. Such an odd schedule that I'm not used to at all, but I'm excited since as of yet I have mostly only had a day or two off here and there instead of getting them in chunks of a few days.
Quote of the day: The most sacred thing I do is care... Today I am in charge of picking a great new healthcare plan. Right? That's what this is all about. Does that make me their doctor? Um, yes. Like a specialist. -Michael Scott
3 comments:
I just purchased the soundtrack for Up! Good!
I laughed out loud when I read that quote. I thought for a second it was a "nursey" quote, then realized it was a Michael Scott original.
Hahahhaa! Yes, a Michael Scott original. It does start off really nursey sounding. Although, today I really did feel like the most sacred thing I do is care... when my pt struggled until she could finally tell me thank you. Made my year... and we're only on the 3rd day. Moments like that don't come often in nursing, I've learned.
Your blog makes me think of a big cake!
Post a Comment