Monday, January 18, 2010

I am just coming off a 3 in a row at work. So if I seem a little delirious... well, I am.

I drove to Orlando last week after work Monday night to go to Disney with Allison. And we had quite an adventure, because I broke down right at the toll booth on 417. It turns out my engine over-heated and I completely missed that... and fried the engine. I felt (and still do) incredibly stupid. So now we are down one car. Disney the next day was great though- we made it to Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. For the first time ever, we did NOT go to Magic Kingdom! It didn't feel quite like the usual Disney day, but it was great because we got to do things we never have before- like see the Bug's Life show, Finding Nemo musical, the Little Mermaid show, things like that. Mount Everest was probably the best ride of the day, and much scarier than either of us remembered!

Thankfully I have today and tomorrow off, as well as this weekend. I am starting to get used to the routine of work. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the stress, but at least I'll learn to tolerate it better. Yesterday was actually a really great day. No discharges, therefore no new admissions. That definitely can make a great day (unless your patients are really annoying). I'm often still scared to death to go into work, but honestly we have such a great team on the floor that I can always go to for help. Sometimes I feel like maybe I ask too many questions, but I'd rather do that than try to wing it!

Nothing else to report on, so good bye!

No comments: