I enjoyed a great day of friends yesterday. Two hours at Starbucks with the Kerchers, then later at Chili's for drinks with Lauren. We are attempting to plan a night in St. Augustine with friends this weekend, and I hope that it works out. I'm on my 3rd of three days off, work tomorrow, and get an actual weekend off! I'm SO excited!!! I have not had a Sat/Sun off since before December at least. It will be nice to have some time off with everyone else.
So, I have thus far had two days of being on my own at work. So far I have liked it, although they are not giving me a difficult team either. However, I find that there are still so many people to help me when I need it. I am asking no fewer questions now, I just simply have to go to the charge nurse or any other nurse nearby. I think the oddest thing about it so far has been making decisions on my own, and sometimes feeling a little lonely. Having a preceptor around, I have always had someone to talk to. It's so strange when it's just me. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
This weather the last few days has been amazing! We have not been getting temperatures above the 40s during the day, which is a big deal in FL. It has been getting into the 20s at night. This may not sound like such a big deal when you are from up north, but you have to understand in FL we are in no way prepared for these temperatures. Do you want to know, I own one winter coat, and it really can't even be considered a coat? Our heaters can't handle the cold temperatures, and neither can our electric bills. Every time I go shopping, it is cold everywhere. Our house is obviously not well insulated for this. It's just how it is. We simply are not used to being cold. I even saw on national news they are reporting on the record temps in FL. But you won't find me complaining about them! I enjoy cooler temperatures myself. My only complaint really is that I don't own many warm clothes.
Well, happy winter days. Stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment