Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rambling

"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now. The reason why we loved the old Narnia is that it sometimes looked a little like this."

Spoken by the unicorn in The Last Battle, and it makes me long for heaven when I read those words. Someday we will know that feeling of belonging, of being home, where we were always meant to be. Sometimes I fear I love this world too much... yet I know it's not where I belong and I put too much stock into it.

I have recently been getting back into the Chronicles of Narnia. My brother has just discovered them through the movies, and we are glad he has found something to occupy his imagination that is not Star Wars. Anyway, just realizing how much I love the books (and the movies, because they have captured to a small degree what I always imagined when I read the books). I was reading through The Last Battle, which is probably one of my favorites as it portrays the end times in Narnia. I love the simplicity of the books, how they are a parallel of God's story for us. And on top of that I just love fantasy, so it's win-win! I've always wished for other worlds to exist... to step into a pool and find yourself in another place you never knew existed.

Work is going well. I have had a few good days this week, which was great after last Thursday-- a day which literally almost made me walk away and never look back. But those feelings are fleeting when they come, and that's when you just have to bite the bullet and get through it. I talked with Mrs. Zepp at church on Sunday, who has been a nurse for a long time, and it was soo wonderful to talk with her! She is very encouraging and understands exactly what I go through. I walked away from that conversation feeling very encouraged and refreshed, and realizing I'm not the first person to feel the way I feel about nursing sometimes. That it is, in fact, very normal.

Saw Leap Year with Lauren last night. She begrudgingly came along, since she doesn't like chick flicks, but I loved it! Completely unrealistic, but who doesn't like a story about meeting and falling in love with an Irish "man's man?" The scenery was beautiful, the music was awesome, and the story was, of course, cheesy. But it was a very clean movie and I was glad for that. I'm still telling myself life really happens like that... ha! Tomorrow I'm going to see When in Rome with Sara, so I'll let you know how that one is. I'm a sucker for cheesy unrealistic films!

Possibly going to a bonfire tonight, hopefully it will be fun and not too cold! I am going to invest in a few more warm clothes soon since I am going to Ohio in a few weeks and just realized it is going to be super cold there. For some reason I think I thought it would be up to like the 50s by then... right.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Wow! I am amazed! Our brother is actually getting an obsession with something that is not Star Wars? Seriously, that kid was gonna drive me crazy with all the questions he was asking me!!!
Oh, my word to type in is "dentan" which makes me think of Denton from Newsies

Allison said...

And I love the analogy of Narnia and heaven. I think I'll watch The Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe today.