Friday, January 22, 2010

I had the most terrible day of work yesterday. So did everyone else on our floor. It was awful! Wow. I've had days like that, but not when I'm on my own. It was insane, and felt even more difficult because everyone else was experiencing it and the charge nurse wasn't really as available because of it. Hopefully there won't be too many days like that. I don't know how long I'd last if there were.

I'm realizing how quickly I'm becoming less and less the "new nurse." It kind of scares me. I feel as though they are expecting more of me so quickly. I guess I knew it would be this way, but in so many ways I just feel so new and overwhelmed by it all of the time. I hope this passes in a few months. I'm always told the first year is the worst, and I'm hoping it doesn't feel like this for another eight months. I will have gray hair by the end of it!

Happy to have today, tomorrow, and Sunday off however. As stressful as work is, it definitely has its perks in having four days off per week. Don't know what I'm doing today, but definitely NOT working!

By the way, I do like work. Promise!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Yes perks for 4 days off, but those 3 are killers!