Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I finished my last day on orientation today. On Sunday I will be a real live nurse. Not that I haven't been, but to me it's official this week. I am so excited about the awesome team I work with on the floor. Everyone is so good about reminding me that I'm never alone, and that I can always go to them for help. There is no one I feel as though I could not go to for help. They are all awesome. I am so nervous too, because I feel as though I'm quite incompetent. But I am going to do my best, and ask questions when I don't know. It's how you learn.

I'm exhausted after the last several days. My back was killing me all day yesterday! I thought I was beginning to get used to the physical aspect of it all. Yeah right, because I feel like I just ran a marathon.

2010 is almost here. It didn't occur to me until a few days ago that the end of the first decade of the 21st century is here. ??? When did that happen? I still have very vivid and distinct memories of making videos and saying "Welcome to the triple-o's!" with my cousins 10 years ago. 10 years ago?! Allison, you will likely appreciate this memory. I guess I don't really want to get all sentimental, but it just seems really hard to believe.

2009- the year I graduated and became a nurse. I will always remember that for sure. Whether or not I will regret that remains yet to be seen... no, I kid.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I was driving down the road and thought about calling you and telling you we are going to no longer be in the "triple O's". Just yesterday, too! Whoah. 2010, the year Dad always references to.

Natalie said...

That would be 2012.