One year ago this is where I was at. On the days that I am feeling sorry for myself, I need to remember what God has already brought me through. Not that my experiences are the most difficult things that anyone has had to deal with, but just remembering His faithfulness in the past helps me trust for His faithfulness now and tomorrow. I have a hard time seeing beyond my circumstances right now, and understanding the big picture.
Tonight as I was driving to my brother's football game, I was thinking about it. If I were reading a book of my life a hundred years from now (haha what a comical thought, that would be an extremely boring book), I would probably have been wanting to yell "Just wait for it! You're going to get through it, you will not be a failure!" It's easy to look back and think that, and sometimes I wonder just how often God looks at us, maybe not so condescendingly, but just desiring for us to trust Him to get us through the circumstances. He knows the big picture, and I don't. Just looking back on the last six months, I can see how each and every thing fits in to the big picture of my life so far.
The Holidays are looking up for me. More and more I am looking forward to the new experiences of them, and hoping that they really will be wonderful. I think they will. Maybe it will be good to take a bit of a step back for Christmas instead of always being so caught up in my traditions, in having everything just right. We'll see!
1 comment:
A year ago I was telling you to go to Andrew Peterson! Wish I could go this year!
Post a Comment