Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

I have spent an awesome week of no work, Thanksgiving, and Disney fun just relaxing and enjoying time with family. We spent Thanksgiving Day at the Warrens' with the Kerchers and everyone had a great time. The weather was cool for once, making it feel more like the Holidays were upon us. Early Friday morning Allison, Catherine, Hannah, and I trekked to the Town Center for some Black Friday shopping. I had forgotten how awful people can be, but it was still fun nonetheless. Friday evening we all had dinner at the Kerchers' as a second Thanksgiving celebration since Allison had to miss the first one. It felt like old times like always and was a lot of fun.

I took John to Disney World yesterday. It's something I promised him I would do over a year ago once I got my job, and I decided it was finally time to do it. It was a lot of fun. It's always neat to live the Disney experience through someone else who hasn't had it much. I have been many times by now and still love it just as much as the first time. We went to Magic Kingdom for the first 7 hours, then spent the rest of the day in Epcot. May I just say that Mission Space was probably the scariest ride of the day, even though it's not even scary. Do NOT go on this ride if you are claustrophobic in the slightest! I don't consider myself super claustrophobic, but I am a little, and I thought I would have a panic attack when I got in there. They even put that disclaimer up before you get on, and I kept thinking it wouldn't be that bad. Big mistake. Anyway, it was an awesome day. I can't wait until the next time I go back, which will hopefully be soon since I finally took the plunge and bought an annual pass! Happy day!

Now it's time to go home and face a three-in-a-row at work. That is so tough, and I hope I get through it ok. It probably doesn't really sound so bad, after all I had an entire week off because of it! But it's pretty tough for me. Maybe it won't seem so bad after having had a lot more time getting used to 12 hour days, which was the first hump to get over for me at the beginning. I feel as though the 12 hours doesn't seem as bad as it did two months ago (and have I really been working 2 months?!). So hopefully the next three days will go smoothly. Some days are really good, and then some days just suck for no reason. I feel like I can't get everything done, doctors are suddenly writing a thousand orders for all my patients, etc, etc.

Well, I'm sad to see the week end. I will post some pictures soon but for now, hope you all enjoy the rest of your week! Happy Holidays- they are here! :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

You can do your 3 days!!! I'm sorry you had them all in a row, but it let you have a lot of time off all at once. Too bad that couldn't have happened in a few weeks for Christmas?? I hope our schedules coordinate!!
Had a fun time with you guys. Sad to see it end. But on to the next!