Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NCLEX

Well, I took NCLEX today. I don't really know what to tell you. I got the 75 questions which can mean one of two things: 1) I did really well, or 2) I was doing so badly the computer had to cut off at 75 questions. I really don't know how I did. On one hand I felt like I was doing ok, but then some of the questions really threw me. Who knows? I am so frustrated that I can't know right now. The waiting is horrible. I don't want to get my hopes up, and I'm trying not to think about it but it is all I can think about. Honestly, right now I just feel like I failed.

I realized this morning that the past two years I have been working to prepare for this day. All of nursing school was really meant to prepare me for this test. Yes, it taught me a lot of skills, and a lot about the real world of nursing, but teachers' concern when they test us is to teach us how to take the NCLEX. It seemed almost anticlimactic sitting there at the computer. Not that taking a test is ever anything exciting.

I've got to stop worrying.

On a brighter note, I am feeling much better. I must have had some sort of infection, because the antibiotics seem to be doing the trick. I'm still coughing up the last of it, but it is nothing compared to how I felt last week. I was miserable! Thank goodness I'm feeling better. When I'm sick (and trust me, it is very, very rare) it feels as if I can't remember feeling well. I can't stand it.

Well, I'm going to try to stay occupied today. I don't know what I'm going to do, but somehow I'm going to get my mind off this test!

2 comments:

Li said...

Well, I was going to give you a "Good Luck!" but it appears I am too late. I hope it all works out for you and that you did really well. Let me know what happens! I'm still plugging away on job applications, so we'll see what happens...

Sarah said...

Oh, how I hate the waiting, the reality that I am not in control; let us know how it goes.