Saturday, September 26, 2009

As boring as these lazy days have become, I am a little sad to see them coming to an end this week. I have spent many of my days sleeping in, enjoying coffee with Fox and Friends, and later afternoon sitcoms on TBS. I definitely would not choose to have so many lazy days (talk about BORING), but I'm glad that they came my way for a little bit so I would have to enjoy them. I will probably never again have that much time to myself. Kind of sad, but exciting that my life is about to change a lot.

This week will be all orientation. I don't know when they're going to throw me to the wolves (aka put me on the floor) yet, but I'm kinda hoping it won't for 2 weeks or so. I know for sure this week I will only be sitting in classes. They will be stuffing my brain with things I already learned but forgot. And I have to take another med dose calc test. Hurrah! Man, even when I'm not in school I have to take tests. What a life. I'm actually kind of starting to panic about getting into nursing. Like, this is really actually happening! I'm not just in school working towards becoming a nurse... I'm there. No instructor to go to when I have questions. Thankfully, I will be with a preceptor for 12 weeks. Thank goodness for GN programs.

I saw Mormons on their bikes today while I was driving home from Starbucks. And I wondered to myself, why are Mormons always cute? I have seen maybe 2 who weren't good-looking. Do they do that on purpose to get people to convert? Is it some sort of prerequisite for going on a missionary journey? Hotness required? I have always wondered.

Not much other news here. Hopefully everything will go well this week.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Hmmm, missionary prerequisite to be good looking. I do say, I have seen many a good looker in the Mormon church. Not that I have been to one, but on bikes and on tv and stuff. I guess I couldn't be a Mormon missionary then.
Ah, your life is about to change. I will say, don't let your job be your life. It will suck the life out of you, just like it did to me. Maybe it won't be so bad, because you will be doing 3 12's instead of the 4 days a week. Here's to the 12's!!! Can't wait to get on that schedule

Natalie said...

Three days a week would be nice. A lot of the nurses on the floor work four days, and I might try to do that if I can. We'll see. Just two in a row are killer.

Allison said...

Just do three a week. Just three, believe me. The extra day will get you.

Natalie said...

The director on the floor said most of the nurses work 4 days a week. I doubt I will right away. I bet I could swing it, I mean it would totally suck but it would help me pay off some debt.