Sunday, September 20, 2009

I have to say, post-NCLEX life is a beautiful thing. I'm so glad it is over. I know work will be stressful. Even with all the excitement of a new job, I have to remind myself that at times, it will suck. Being a nurse is hard, grueling work. And being a new nurse is even worse from what I have heard. I'm often told the first year is hell. Well, we shall see. But like I said, I'm trying not to let myself be too overcome with excitement about this new job and then be let down. Which definitely happened when I graduated, and is why I was so depressed for awhile. It wasn't what I thought it would be.

Life is good. I am learning to appreciate and enjoy the good things in life. I have become exceedingly aware of the heartaches, hurts, and tragedies of life. In some ways it seems horrible, awful that I can even say I'm enjoying life when people around me are hurting. As I excitedly shared the news of passing NCLEX with people I love, I felt the unfairness of it all. My face couldn't help but break into a smile all morning after I found out. It seems as if the world should come to a screeching halt when people hurt. It can't, and it sucks. People are hurting, but I have to move on in life. And I suppose that is part of life, but it's not a part that I like. It's this helplessness-- of being unable to do anything to fix peoples' pain.

Well, this week is my last week before my job. I hope it's a good one, and I look forward to being a working woman soon.

No comments: