Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Is today Blogger's birthday? There is a little birthday cake on the main page.

I found out today that my ATT will not only be not coming this week, but that my application to the Board of Nursing has not even been processed yet. I'm pretty frustrated, but I suppose I have done all I can at this point and now just need to wait. I just don't think I can study anymore... it is getting really difficult. I was initially really upset, but I know I can still take the test, I'm still eligible to sit, and I will still be a nurse. Gotta look on the bright side.

Read this article this week, and found myself fuming by the end. According to this article, I would be a racist, disrespectful, unpatriotic jerk. Yet I am the exact opposite of all those things. I am all for respecting the President. When Obama was elected I told myself I would not become like the Bush-haters (and when Obama supporters call for respect for the President-- perhaps they mean the same respect offered President Bush? Oh, wait...). And although I am beyond frustrated and very angry about what he is doing, I think that I have still been able to respect him. As a President and as a person. I vehemently disagree with him. However, I rarely offer up any opinions when people discuss the current goings-on in Washington. I don't really see any point to it. And a question: when did disagreeing with someone equal racism? I could accuse plenty of my friends being racist towards me if that were the case. It simply isn't. Come on, let's lighten up a little. I'm not going to say that I'm all for the displays of protest exhibited at these Town Halls. I think it could probably be done better. But I don't know, calling people dangerous? Because they disagree with the President? People are genuinely upset about all that is going on.

Anyways... I am pretty bored these days. Being out of a job, out of school... it's no life. There is something entirely satisfying about work and seeing results. Working hard and reaping the benefits. Man, I am so ready for that. I know it will be so stressful, but I am excited about a new challenge. Excited to learn. It's so scary, yet so exciting!

No comments: