Monday, May 4, 2009

A Week Left

One more week until summer classes begin. I think I'll be ok once they start up. I'm just so ready to graduate, and that means I need to just buckle down and do this! Less than three months from now I'll be graduated.

Spent last night at Alex and Tricia's, just hanging out, watching the Wedding Date, and going to Starbucks. I'm afraid I won't be doing much of that this summer, so I'm trying to get as much fun packed into this last week of break as possible. Along with some studying too. We have to take an ATI test our first day back and it is cumulative over everything we have learned in the program. It's not really pass or fail, but those who make the top 25% of the scores have a chance to choose what they would like to precept in. So if I want to do peds (which I'm getting a little more iffy about, since I do think med-surg would be better for me right now) I have to do well. I feel like the odds of being in the top 25% for me are pretty low, because we have an exceptionally smart class (and I am in the bottom half of of the smarty pants). It has been frustrating at times when I'm very average, I do well, I make grades that I'm happy with, but people around me are making straight A's and don't mind letting the world know. But as long as I'm happy with where I'm at, I shouldn't worry about the others. Besides, grades don't make the nurse.

I'm going to try to work out today. I have been attempting (yet again!) to get back into a healthier lifestyle. It hasn't been too bad. I'm trying to allow a little cheating on the weekends, and I think that helps me to be more healthy during the week when I know I can have a treat on the weekend. I don't know, we'll see. I'm honestly happy with the way I am right now, but not really the way I feel. When life gets crazy I don't eat much besides junk food. An average day normally includes just coffee for breakfast, chips or fast food for lunch, and grazing on whatever is in the pantry for supper. Or more junk food if I'm at school studying. It's so difficult to eat healthy when I'm busy all the time, but if other people can do it then so can I. I would argue that normally I probably take in 3000 calories a day. That's bad. Well, cutting back on the junk food alone will probably help me feel better.

Anyway, enough boring details of my life. Time to be productive.

2 comments:

Li said...

Hey Nat. Thanks for the comment. :)

I'm glad you get some time off in between semesters. I have had only three days (Winter ended Wednesday and Spring starts today!) between semesters and it's proving a bear. ;) Hang in there! We are so close.

Allison said...

Yes, just cutting back on crap makes the difference. Now that I have a wedding to be in...will have to start it up again. Plus its summer!! Good job for working out.
I'm picking up my car tonight!