I'm sitting in the library today, waiting to go to a meeting at three and trying to get some studying done. Things are only now starting to pick up, but nothing is due for some time so it's hard not to get too relaxed about things. I have a focus paper to complete for my day in the OR but can't seem to get anything else done for now so I guess I should leave it for the time being.
I have missed the library. I didn't realize it. On the way here I was dreading coming in here, dreading the quiet, the lack of concentration that always shows up when I walk through the doors... but sitting here, reading, studying, writing... it's not so bad as I remember. It can be peaceful. I sit by the windows on the top floor and can look out at the construction going on (very peaceful I know), watch people walk to and from class, or just the changing patterns of clouds. People-watching is one of my favorite things. I like to imagine who they are, where they are coming from and where they are going. I love hearing the sound of keys tapping on laptops, the vigorous writing of pencils, or the turning of pages- which always reminds me I'm not the only one stuck in the library studying.
And yet believe me, within just a few weeks I will tire of this place. It doesn't take long, does it?
My meeting is in 45 minutes so I should get back to work. Happy day!
2 comments:
weird...
Isn't that picture your Michael Buble one???
Post a Comment