This assignment is driving me crazy. Why all this busy work, seriously? Is it really necessary when I could be spending my time studying and actually learning something?
I have been drinking more coffee than any human being should be allowed. Fun fun! Just think, some day I will look back on all this and be glad I got through it. I'm stressed and have way too much to do, but gotta remember Christ is enough. Life can't always be easy and He is GOOD.
The reason I emphasize that is that I recently became convicted about how I use the phrase "God is good." While there is nothing wrong with that phrase, I have noticed that the times that I use it are when something good happens, such as getting paid early for something when I really needed the money most, making a good grade on a test, etc... I realize that is an over-used phrase by me. It may not sound like such a big deal, until I ask myself that by saying that God is good in a "good" situation, am I implying that He would not be good if I were to be late on a bill because the money didn't come through, or if I get a 64 on that quiz, etc...? Does it really glorify God when I say that, because honestly I'm really saying more that the money I got is good, or the grade I got is good and so on and so forth. That's not Christ-glorifying. Since pretty much everything seems crappy right now, I'm trying to always tell myself God is GOOD because I tend to only tell myself that when good things happen.
A John Piper video that Melissa posted on her facebook really is what convicted me. He says on it that you never will hear anyone say that Christ is enough because they drive a BMW. Catch my drift? I will post it on here sometime.
Totally disorganized thoughts, sorry if they're confusing but there they are. A result of too much writing my paper for school I suppose. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment