Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday, Meds, and Survivor

I am so glad it is Friday and even more glad that I'm almost done with this paper that is due on Monday. Some people, as of today, had not even started it yet. I could never deal with that stress. If I don't start something at least a few weeks ahead of time I start feeling super stressed!!

I bought some med cards today. It has most of the mainstream meds that are used in medicine that I should know, and they are alphebatized and already typed out on cards. So if I need to bring stuff with me for quick reference such as at clinical, it will be so nice! I have got to learn my meds better. Today a couple people told me that they don't think it's all that important, but I think that since this is what I will (hopefully-if I pass) be doing for the rest of my life, I need to LEARN them!! I don't want to come out of school clueless about so much. I feel that way right now and I don't want that to continue. I want to apply myself better and not throw away what freedom I have to be able to do what I'm doing. So many people around the world would give anything to even have access to the kind of education I'm privileged to receive. I take it for granted all the time.

I watched Survivor last night. I swore I would never watch it again, and Melissa texted me to inform me that there were tons of hot guys and I should watch it, so I did... and I was hooked. I watched the whole two hours. What a complete waste of time, but it's so good. I used to be obsessed with Survivor when I was in eighth grade, and watched pretty much every season until 2005. Last year Melissa and I watched one together when she moved to St. Louis.

This week went by fast again- five weeks down and 10 to go!! Yeah! It's going fast. I can't believe October is almost here. I don't know if I want it to go so fast, but yet because it's so stressful I'm kind of glad it is. Life is passing me by and I don't even know it.

No comments: