I made it through another week, and am now four weeks into school. Everything is definitely in full swing, yet I still feel like I'm trying to get into a good routine. Mondays and Tuesdays are terribly stressful, but once I get through those two days the rest of the week is not too bad. I am learning to get by on very little sleep and lots of coffee. I fell asleep in the library the other day- something I have never done before. I have a paper to write over the weekend, but it's not a hard paper so I'm not too stressed about it.
I don't know if I ever mentioned that I put in my two weeks notice at Hallmark. I put it in last week, and was scheduled to still work yesterday and this coming Wednesday. She called and said that she found someone to cover. I was somewhat relieved/disappointed. I was looking forward to those two days of work, but at the same time yesterday I was able to take a nap and Wednesday I will be able to work on this paper and study. I wish I could keep working there, but the more I went in, the more I felt stressed and while I was there all I could think about was the studying I could be doing, or how much work I had to do when I got home, etc.
Tricia and Alex's baby, Aidan, turned one this week! Tricia is throwing a party for him today and invited me. I told my mom that this is my first friend's kid's party- a very momentous occasion. ;) I used to look at pictures from my oldest sister's first birthday party, and would laugh at how all the adults were in party hats and not even Melissa is. Now I'm the "adult" at the party. When did that happen?! :)
I'm starting to wonder if I can do this anymore. I've been having so many doubts this week about my ability to do this- am I really smart enough for it? Do I have what it takes? Is all this stress and work really worth it? Right now it feels like it won't be worth it. I have too much to do, I'm not getting enough sleep, and half the time I feel like my head is spinning. Eleven weeks to go until Christmas break. Not that I'm counting.
No comments:
Post a Comment