Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday


Today is Allison's 23rd birthday sooo, happy birthday Allison!!!! Which makes my birthday five days away. I will finally be 21. No, I'm not going to go out and party, but I do plan on having a couple drinks at dinner. All in moderation, I believe. Growing up my parents did not drink, and they still don't, but I have seen what the partying scene has done to people around me, and I'm perfectly happy to stay away from it, and enjoy alcohol very occasionally in moderation.


Rarely have Allison or I ever had our own birthday parties. Growing up we just did them together. I'm not sure whether we did them on Allison's birthday or on mine. I don't know how old we are turning in that picture, but it's pretty much what it has always been. I don't think I ever minded it- in fact I secretly loved sharing that time with her. I think she hated it though, but deep down she had to like it at least a little! I have also often had to share my birthday with Father's Day. Even if it doesn't fall on Father's Day, we have pretty much always done the celebrations on Father's Day. Hm, well I guess that's when we always did the parties, in between our birthdays. But I think that we still got to be the stars, and my dad never minded a bit.

People used to think Allison and I were twins. Do we look like it in that picture? Now if you see us together we hardly look like sisters! I'm tall with curly hair, and she's quite a bit shorter with straight hair. We have very different faces, at least I think we do. But people literally could never tell us apart for years.

Well, since this post has been obviously dedicated to Allison, then I'll end it by saying once again: Happy Birthday Allison!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow, I haven't read your blog in a long time. Thanks for the birthday wishes, I did have fun last night. A little too much to drink, I got sick, but it was good times while it lasted. Too bad you weren't there. I'll tell you about it later.