Saturday, June 21, 2008

The End

VBS is over. I really thought I would be so glad, because I was so tired and still am! For some reason I just feel really sad for it to be ending. My mom and I were talking last night and she felt the same way, and we can't figure out what was so different or special about it this year. I know it's so exhausting, but it is sad when you put in tons of hard work, and then it's over like that. Plus I won't be able to do it next year because of school, so I have to wait two years! But I'll always come back for VBS.

I think that with all that's been going on with church, things have just seemed up in the air and I've always felt discouraged about it. I guess I felt like Pinewood was the one thing I could depend upon, since I've been going there for 17 years. But since April I have just been really disappointed by everything, and maybe VBS just felt good this year, because it was something that I could take part in, have a say in, and make it as much like it used to be as I could. To make it feel like the old Pinewood. I don't know if that's right or not, but it sure has been comforting. I would love to stay more involved this coming year, but I'm not sure that's possible.

Our video ended up being great! I think the kids loved it, and I asked everyone I ran into what they thought. I think they all loved it. I'm so glad we got to do it, and I had tons of fun helping make it! I also got to hang out with Tricia and Alex more, which was awesome. So, hopefully after this year people might want more videos. I'd be willing to help with it next year, even if that's all I got to do.

I work today from 10 'til 3. I know once I get there I'll be fine, but right now I just want to stay home and sleep. But I need money even more than sleep, so it's off to work I go!

2 comments:

Allison said...

You should put the video on youtube.

Allison said...

thanks for the inside scoop