Friday, March 23, 2012

Work has held me captive for the better part of the past week and a half. Tonight I work the seventh of the past ten days, and after that am off for three! I'm beyond tired... yesterday I went and got my nails done after work, and came home to sleep. Woke up for an hour to watch American Idol, then went back to sleep until 4:30 this morning. And I only woke up because I was hungry. After a shower and a meal (breakfast/lunch/dinner?) I think I am going to go back to bed and hope to sleep until the afternoon. Not sure if it's gonna happen or not.

And I was wrong, I'm not off for three, but four days! Awesome! All week I've been keeping myself going by remembering that I have off three days, but it's even better now that I know it's four. I'm sooo thankful!!

Happy Hunger Games!!! Is anyone else excited? I know I am!!! But I won't be seeing it for a little while. I don't feel like fighting ridiculous crowds that consist mostly of 16 year olds who think Peeta is, like, sooooo hot. Actually, it's Gale who's hot, girls... hands off! (although at the end of the day, Peeta is the one for Katniss)

I have a question for anyone who cares to think about it. What is your opinion on an unmarried woman adopting a child? I recently read on facebook someone wishing they could adopt, and one of the reasons she listed for its being impossible was that she was unmarried. I feel like I know what my opinion is "supposed" to be, but I honestly think it would be awesome. Don't worry, I'm not actually contemplating doing this, at least for awhile. I've always said that I would adopt one day, but seeing how I don't know if I'll ever get married, I don't see why I couldn't, if I get to the point where I could afford it and was in a good place to do so. If your opinion is different from mine, I won't be offended.

Anyway, now that I'm not tired at all, I'm going to attempt to go back to sleep.

3 comments:

pannedreview said...

I used to be opposed to this, but I'm not sure adamant anymore one way or the other. Listen to actress-comedian Julia Sweeney's one-woman-show "In the Family Way" where she talks about adopting as a single woman. It's great, and funny. Here's a link for the first part, on youtube (the audio quality is not the best). You can purchase it on itunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkOcZwY5LXg&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLC8F0458DAB27C0B8

Natalie said...

Yeah, I'm honestly not even 100% on what my opinion actually is. I definitely think a mother and father is the best way to raise a child, but wouldn't a mother who loves a child be better than the other alternatives those children would have? Those are just my thoughts... again, not entirely sure what my real opinion is.

Li said...

I think that, for the most part, anyone who wants to adopt is a great thing! Like you said, Nat, wouldn't a mother who loves a child be better than what the child's other options would be. I know a couple people who adopted as single parents and I can genuinely say that it has been great for them.

Enjoy your time off! :)