Kids don't like me. They never really have. I've never had a natural ability to get on kids' levels, play with them, be one of them. Part of it is, I'm rather tall and large, so probably a bit intimidating on first impression to a little kid. I also don't have a bubbly demeanor, which is something that kids tend to be drawn to. There have been the exceptions, of course. I've rarely been the one depended on as anything other than the "last-ditch effort to get a babysitter," but twice in high school I was someone's main babysitter. I'll never forget those three little girls I babysat my sophomore year. Sometimes I wonder about them now. They moved after about a year. The oldest would be 13 or so now, I think. The other one, I'll never forget either, because she was the unruliest child ever and impossible to control without the use of marshmallows as incentive.
Here is one of the exceptions, my little cousin Claudia. Of course, she is as easygoing as a baby can be, and will take to anyone, but still it feels good to pick up a baby and not have her cry!
So, night shift is kicking my butt right now in the form of my biological clock being all out of whack. I slept until 12:30 today. It is now 1:15 am, and I'm not tired at all. Supposedly it's supposed to get easier after a few weeks, so we'll see. Another problem I'm running into, is being hungry at all of the oddest hours. Ugh! Hopefully this new change won't see me gaining weight.
Hopefully I'll soon get used to this new schedule. Back on Thursday, then we'll see how next week fares.
1 comment:
Biological clock as in having kids? Thats what I thought of but I know what you meant
Post a Comment