Sunday, January 9, 2011

Being a night nurse?

It rocks! It rocks my socks off! Seriously, why didn't I do this before? Crazy-ville until midnight, and between 12 am and 5 am, nothing happens! I can't believe while all this time I've been stressed to the max at work, there night shift was, within my reach and I didn't even know it.

I feel like night shift is nursing's best kept secret. I used to feel sorry for our night shift nurses, like they got jipped when they were hired. Little did I know... their job is approximately sixteen thousand times easier. Add to that the pay is higher: it's win-win!

Granted, I'm tired. Like, really tired. I went to Sunday school this morning, and after that went back to my parents' house for a 4 hour nap before coming home. Slept until 4, and now I'm home and already in bed. So we'll see how things go on that end of the spectrum. For now, I absolutely think I'm going to make this change permanent.

In other news, there isn't much to report. It's a cold week in January for Florida. So I'm kind of enjoying that. Had to turn the heat on tonight. Well, good night!

No comments: