Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I make myself so mad when I oversleep. I had my alarm set for 8:00 am today, and definitely don't even remember hearing it go off. Then I woke up at 10:50 really mad. Oh, well. I'm all showered and clean now, and I do feel really rested. Yesterday I woke up at 9:30 (after having woken up at 4:30 unable to sleep for about 3 hours) and ended up taking a nap from 12:00-4:30. The trend in my life lately-->sleep! Not so bad though, I love sleeping. It just takes away from life. I once heard most people sleep away 30 years of their lives by the time they die.

Sunday was a pretty good day. I came home from work, slept about 5 hours until about 1:00 (see, more sleep) and went to a cute little restaurant near Riverside with my roommate and some friends called Biscotti. It was fun (and had the BEST desserts ever!). It's probably the first social "thing" I've done in weeks. I feel like I'm continuously apologizing to people for being a zombie, or spacey, etc, the last couple months. Even before I switched to nights, I was having trouble regulating a sleep schedule and often found myself feeling this way.

I think I am going to stick with night shift. My boss put me on it for another month to give me time to decide. Otherwise I would've gotten a week to decide, and if you had asked me last week I might have told you that no, I wasn't going to do it. However, it really is much better than days, and I'm finding the team at night is a lot of fun to work with (initially I was really nervous about working with a whole new team). I go back in tomorrow for another 3, then I have 5 nights off! What to do with all that time?

A movie I watched, finally, for the first time last night- Sixth Sense. And honestly, I didn't really think it was that scary. And I get scared really easily. I always thought according to the way people talked, that it was one of the scariest movie of the 90s. Anyway, I thought it was good, and mostly just kind of suspenseful, and a little creepy at times.

I'm hoping I can get through today without taking a long nap. So far I feel pretty good-- we'll see.

No comments: