Well, it has been a bit since I wrote. Life has been pretty busy. I've gone to Florida, Illinois, and Yellowstone. Days off in between have been packed with appointments or friends. Work has been mostly good.
That isn't to say that life is always great.
There are things I'm struggling with. Progress seems to be one step forward, two (or three or four or five, etc) steps back. I am hopeful that one day I'll be able to look back and see how much progress I've made. In all honesty, my eating recovery seems to be moving ever so slowly. Each week is an attempt at small changes. Trying to give up restrictive thinking.
In general, I have more energy and life these days. I seem to have leveled out as far as that goes, and honestly not quite where I'd like to be but am working on a lot of self care and prioritizing my alone time, reading, meditation, getting eight hours of sleep, etc.
As far as my body image goes, that is up and down. Mostly down, honestly. I am constantly consumed with worry about what is going to happen to my body, about what is already happening to it, what people will think about me, etc. I've decided to take a break from exercising as intentionally. Instead, if a run fits my schedule, I'll do it. But I am not going to lose sleep to do it, or miss out on experiences to do it, or isolate myself from friends to do it. I've been hiking more, which is a far more enjoyable and peaceful way to get movement in. Not to mention it's incredibly therapeutic!
But I need to learn how to eat apart from exercising away the calories. That's hard and scary.
So while the last few weeks have been a bit of a "bump in the road," and I have felt like I lost all progress, I'm not letting that stop me from moving on as I would in the past. Each day is always a step closer to full recovery. And that is exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment