I have had horrible writer's block lately. Keep getting on here to write and while I feel like I have so much to say, I just can't get it out into words on the screen. So here's trying again, hoping that something of substance materializes here tonight.
Spokane has been an awesome assignment. AWESOME. I am praying that we get asked to renew this contract, as I have just loved every aspect of it. The actual assignment itself is a challenge, don't get me wrong. The floor we work on is definitely a PCU and can be a huge challenge, though I still feel I've dealt with worse at my old job so I can't complain.
I can't believe we are half-way through this assignment. Time has flown so fast, but it's like that when you're having fun I'm told. We are living a ways outside of civilization (for me, anyway) so days off honestly aren't spent in an extremely exciting manner unless we take a trip into Spokane. My focus has been hugely on my health and fitness, and I can honestly say I'm enjoying it (in the snow, rain, and ice, too)! I've challenged myself in ways I haven't in years... and for once the focus is on rising to the challenge and pushing myself rather than just what size I am and whether I've gained weight or not. We love trips to Target and Trader Joe's. We've decided Trader Joe's is a discovery of finding a new snack to enjoy each time we go. So far, we've found a lot! I love Trader Joe's!
We took a trip to Seattle last week, which was pretty awesome. Honestly, Seattle just wasn't quite what I thought it would be. I think the cold rain had a lot to do with my disappointment, so I'm hoping one day to give it another chance. I think I could love Seattle (I mean, there are like 75 Starbucks in the downtown area alone... hello!) but that one weekend just wasn't quite enough. I will say, however, that Cafe Nouveau had the absolute BEST croissant I've ever tasted... twice-baked almond! We even went back on our way out of Seattle just for that. I am still dreaming of that, still dreaming of it.
As for just this whole adventure of travel nursing... I'm SO glad that I decided to do this. There has been something so incredibly liberating about just picking up and going across the country. To the complete unknown, with nothing but a sense of adventure and a friend at my side. Which is what makes it as awesome as it's been.
It isn't that I didn't know who I was before embarking on this... but I've learned SO much about myself and the world in the past four months. Branching out and seeing that there are different cultures, different ways of life, different viewpoints, all of that... honestly nothing I believe or think has changed since leaving Florida. But it has been re-affirmed again and again. Let's be honest, I'm not quite the diligent, conservative girl who never questioned anything that I was just a few short years ago. There's a lot about the south that I miss, don't get me wrong. (my family and friends, Chick Fil A, Publix, just to name a few...)
There's something about the Northwest. I don't know what it is... I just feel that I've grown into myself out here. I can't even express what I'm trying to say. Just that this experience has been so amazing, and I am so incredibly grateful to God for giving it to me. I think I might be able to better express these thoughts another time... I'll leave it at that for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment