Not only was this week one of the roughest schedules I've worked in along time, it also was among the roughest several nights I've worked in a long time. It's very rare that work brings me to the point of tears, but this week I found myself at that point several times. I can think of some of my most overwhelming nights, and these went beyond that. Finally at the end of the week I had to ask the charge nurse to please change up my assignment for the last night. Thank God last night was actually decent!
We got home from work this morning and the sun was shining and the sky was so blue. I was tired but wanted to be out in the sun so badly so I decided to go for a run anyway. Turned out to be a bit of a mistake as my body completely rebelled the last two miles out of exhaustion. But at the end I still decided to walk another mile, because the weather was just too beautiful!
As I took in the scenery around me (for the first time WITHOUT snow) I became really overwhelmed by this whole experience. All the places I've gotten to see, the new experiences. And just how wonderful this particular assignment has been. I know that I might not ever get to experience one quite this awesome again. The location, our housing, co-workers... everything has just been amazing! I feel really attached here, and it's going to be really hard to leave. I'm actually really sad to be leaving Spokane behind. I'm trying to remember that there is a reason for it.
I'm off for the next four nights... SO ready for a break!
No comments:
Post a Comment