Taking a little break from the cruise picture posting. This week's events have had me a little more serious. I'm obviously still getting over the loss of my cat, so I haven't been able to divert much energy to organizing any more photos. I'll finish that later, as I know you're on the edge of your seat.
Since Albus's passing, I've been trying really hard to give Aberforth as much attention as possible. Although the two of them only had about a month and a half of bonding, Aberforth hasn't ever been without another kitty to play with. Initially when I came home on Friday, I knew he was looking for Albus. He seems ok now, but lonely. Or maybe I'm telling myself out of guilt that he's lonely and he needs me. But either way, he has been a real comfort to me. He is as sweet as Albus always was, and for that I'm thankful.
Friday was really hard. I mean really, really hard. Grieving for an animal is difficult, because it's a very lonely grief. I'm not saying the loss of an animal is of the same magnitude as a person. But for someone who has no immediate family of their own (speaking as far as husband and children, not siblings and parents) the loss of a pet is a big deal. And because that pet was only yours, no one shares in your grief in quite the same way you do. However, people have been amazingly understanding and compassionate.
Things that have helped me: being with my family, watching Big Bang Theory and NCIS, snuggling with Aberforth, and listening to Disney music. I am hoping to feel better soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment