Monday morning we were scheduled to go to the Grand Cayman, but due to high winds we were unable to be cleared by port authority. I was actually totally ok with an extra day at sea, because I most enjoyed our time on the ship anyway.
Eating a yummy lunch at Cabana's, our favorite breakfast and lunch buffet.
Sitting out on deck 14 to watch the sunset. Definitely one of my favorite things to do!
The beautiful ship at night
A delicious bananas foster
One of the many yummy meals I had. Actually, this was among the biggest portions we were ever served. One thing I really liked about the ship is that they serve true portions.
Javier, our state room host, always made our room look awesome after supper!
Tuesday we sailed into Costa Maya, where we got to go on a tour of the Mayan ruins.
We're at the Mayan ruins!
You can't tell here, but I had climbed up some very steep steps to get to the top.
Coca Cola Light in Mexico!
Sitting out by the pool watching a movie, one of our very favorite things to do!
What about Shoe La La?
Monday and Tuesday were great days on the cruise in my opinion. Due to the cancelation of the Grand Cayman, we got even more time on the ship to explore and have fun. We spent much of that day out at the pool, browsing through the shops, and eating good food. Because of the cancelation, we arrived into Costa Maya extra early and stayed extra late, though we didn't spend any more time off the boat outside of our Mayan tour. It was difficult to browse through the shops with the sales people constantly trying to grab your attention to come buy something from them! We had even more interesting experiences with that the next day in Cozumel.
Even though I loved being at the ports, I honestly mostly just enjoyed being on the ship. After all, I felt like that was what I was paying the big bucks for so why not make the most of it that I could? There was so much to do. I never really felt claustrophobic like I thought I might.
I'm still re-living all of last week in my mind. Can't seem to get back into reality, though I think being back at work tonight will probably help with that all too well. Anyway, I probably keep repeating myself, but it really was such a wonderful week!






No comments:
Post a Comment