Getting ready to board. We were so excited!
Just before boarding. A very nice couple with many years of Disney cruising experience helped us out with the process, and offered to take our picture!
It was windy from the start! We hadn't even set sail when this was taken.
Getting ready to get a tour of the ship from Joshy. This is just outside the Walt Disney Theater.
Sailing Away Dance Party! Allison convinced me to go, and we had a blast dancing! I'm pretty sure we were the only adults without kids at that party, as everyone else was already at the adults-only lounges.
Dancing like the two cool kids at heart we are!
First night's dinner at Palo- adults only dining. Amazing!
One of my favorite things about the cruise, was that you could go anywhere at all hours. The first few nights, we took midnight walks around the walking deck, then explored the ship on our own terms. It was fun and adventerous!
Goofing around late at night
Eating breakfast the second day. The movement of the ship bothered me more than I thought it would, and here I was already feeling seasick. Fortunately two good naps and some dramamine took care of that, but not a whole lot happened that day.
Our first night dining at our table with our servers and table mates. We ended up getting great table mates- a mother and daughter named Elaine and Kayley, and a nice older couple named Mark and Pat. Ended up having a great time at all our meals with them, as well as running into them around the ship!
Another late night walking around the ship.
Gosh, can't fun times like this be more often? Though Allison and I hadn't really been planning this cruise for very long, it still feels like such a let-down when it's over. Back to reality. But I'm glad I got to go. It was the first "real" vacation I've ever been on. I have traveled quite a bit, yes, though never in this fashion. I've never stayed in such a nice resort such as this cruise, or been catered to so much as I was on this trip. Not to mention, we didn't have any cell phone or data access, so there was no texting anyone or checking in on Facebook! The isolation was quite nice. And now that I'm home, I'm on Facebook quite a bit less than before.
Man, can't wait for the next one. Where will it be? Eastern Caribbean? Panama? Alaska? Who knows, but I can't wait!










No comments:
Post a Comment