Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wednesday night I had nothing to do, so I decided to go see Madea's Witness Protection Program.  I LOVE the Madea movies.  I think they are hilarious, and this one was the funniest one yet!  I was telling my friend about it at work the next night, and she couldn't believe I went to a movie by myself.  It's funny, because when I do go to a movie alone I always feel a little self conscious.  When everyone is busy and I want to see a movie, I'm gonna see it.  Then I'm gonna feel like a weird loner when everyone else is paired up or with their best friends.

The first movie I saw alone was Alice in Wonderland a couple years ago.  I had never even considered seeing a movie alone.  I don't know why people don't do it more.  You will rarely see somebody sitting alone in a theater, but unless you're a fourteen-year-old making out with your date, all you do in a theater is watch a movie.  It really isn't about quality time with friends (unless it's a particularly funny movie, I suppose).  Not to mention I have a lot more free time than most people do, therefore am more likely to go to the movies spur of the moment when everyone else is busy.

Tomorrow I leave for Camp Kulaqua!!  Yeah!!  I'm so unbelievably excited!  I hope it's a calm week.  Last year was pretty busy with multiple sick kids.  Not to mention some counselors saw us as their babysitters.  Which I'm sure will happen again.  I just hope nobody gets sick. What a bummer to go to camp and get sick.  We ended up sending one girl home last year, which I felt so badly for.  Her mother tried so hard to convince us she was going to get better.

Last night I couldn't sleep, so I decided to watch Napoleon Dynamite.  I haven't watched that movie in years.  Reminds me so much of high school.  I feel like crap today, though.  Oh, well, I'm going to camp tomorrow.

No comments: