Who doesn't love a beautiful wedding, seeing the happy couple, a beautiful reception, open bar, and a party with a bunch of friends?
I just came back from one of my high school friends' weddings. Get ready, cause this is a Natalie you don't get to see that often.
It really was a beautiful wedding. I don't know if I've ever seen a couple who looked so happy with each other. Watching her walk down the aisle and seeing the smile on her face, I did have a little twinge of wondering, will someone ever make me smile that way, or look at me the way that he looks at her? I honestly do not dwell on things like this, or worry myself about it very often. Feelings like this are like passing thoughts, but I do feel that I should acknowledge them because fleeting though they may be, they are very real.
When it comes to marriage, I do feel like it's not going to happen. I'm not hopeless about it, because I am ok being single. I know who I am and can be who I am whether it's on the arm of a man or not. I don't even want this to go into a pity party, because that's not what it is. It is just me being unusually wistful mixed with a little realism.
I like seeing other people happy, I really do, even if it doesn't seem that way sometimes.
Don't worry. The more realistic Natalie will be back soon.
2 comments:
I saw her bridal photos on her FB. Beautiful!! Eh, we'll see how we do in the marriage department. But don't worry, you don't need to be married now anyways. Overrated. I'm so glad we are going to have all the fun. (did you get that reference?)
Hahaha!!! The reference brought a smile to my face for sure!
Post a Comment