Realist Nat is back! ;)
I had a fantastic two nights of work this week. They were actually among the busiest I've had, but for some reason were different in that I felt like I got to do REAL nursing (instead of dealing with some of the nonsense I often do) and make a real difference. Like because I was there, my patients were truly better off. Wow! I walked away from work yesterday morning actually thinking to myself, I love my job!
I went to Starbucks with my mom, brother, Mrs. Kercher, and Lauren today. While we were there, a massive truck pulled into the spot next to my car and hit my sideview mirror. Lauren and I went outside to look at it, and it was fine. Lauren was more mad than I was. As long as there's not damage, I felt like no harm done and it doesn't make sense to be a jerk about it. (maybe I'm just a pushover? If damage was done I would definitely have been mad) The guys in the truck felt really badly and bought me a Starbucks gift card as an apology. I thought that was really nice. Then an old lady came up to me and said to get his plate number, because people lie to you about their name, even after I told her no damage was done. She seemed really miffed that I disregarded her advice, but I did eventually get it just in case. Everything works fine, however, and I got a $15 Starbucks money out of it.
My ankle is ok. Still sore and still pretty swollen, but as long as I keep it wrapped and ice it often, I do ok. I can walk on it and I'm glad for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment