Another early morning here for Nat. I decided to do something I rarely do and eat breakfast (on nights, there is no true breakfast/lunch/supper), so I made oatmeal and had a big glass of water with my kitties. Five am breakfast, who could say no? And I still got about five hours of sleep, so I can't complain.
I feel like I should add a disclaimer to that other post on Saturday. I don't truly hate being a nurse, even though maybe it sounded like I do. Talk to many nurses, and the things I say about it are a common thread. It isn't an easy job--it is a very difficult job. It drains me emotionally, spiritually, psychologically, and in just about every other way possible. It's sometimes really hard to leave all that at work. When you just took care of a young woman in persistent vegetative state, or got reamed on the phone by a doctor, or spent part of the night crying in the bathroom from being overwhelmed, sometimes it is just really hard to leave it there.
There is a lot of disillusionment into adulthood, as I'm sure everyone else feels at some point. The career one works so hard to achieve is one of them.
In addition to that, I'm truly thankful that I have a job. There are many people who would give anything to work, and I should be more grateful instead of complaining. Again, I have a hard time being unaffected by stress.
It's a blustery day here. We are under the effects of what they call a Nor'Easter. Which I LOVE!!! Have I mentioned that I absolutely LOVE rain, wind, cloudy skies, and cool weather all rolled up into one? Well, I do. I don't know why. Gloomy weather somehow puts me in a really good mood. Perhaps because it gives me the excuse I always want to just chill and stay in for the day. Which as I mentioned last night, I also love doing. Today I may grab a friend and drive to the beach for a walk.
I'm thinking of studying for my certification in med-surg. I always used to say I would do that a year after graduation and the other day one of my work buddies mentioned it. And I remembered that was one of the goals I set for myself and I have yet to follow through. Gosh cause I sure hate studying! But I should do it. It is an expensive exam and there aren't a lot of dates to do it. But there is a possibility in April, giving me months to prepare. Not only that, but it is also about time I get ACLS-certified.
Well, this tired girl may take a little cat nap before facing the day. Starting to feel just a little sleepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment