Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Moving

I have moved back to my parents'.

Not for good, of course. I woke up this morning at my parents' house after getting back from DC last night (pictures coming soon). Suddenly I thought about going back to my town house. And as I thought about it, I realized my lease is up in five days. Although I thought I had come to a peaceful conclusion of signing on for another year, I had a sudden panic attack about the whole thing.

Another year. October 2012. Twelve months.

I have no real problems with my roommates. It all came down to a lot of little issues. Little issues that were beginning to amount up to what seemed like big issues and have been causing me undue stress. Could I do it for another year?

I went into my mom's room crying, and she helped me talk and pray through it. Once I made the decision, I felt peace and relief. Then realized today was the only day I had to move anything. And felt really overwhelmed. Thank goodness I hadn't signed the lease yet.

Between my mom, dad, Lauren, and Brennan, in twelve hours I had everything packed and moved over to my parents' house. It meant so much to have friends help me out, especially last minute in the middle of the week. I know there were many other things they could have been doing, but instead they helped me move.

It's going to be interesting being back at my parents' house (hopefully I'll find something within a month or two). Already my cat Albus is having a rough time adjusting. I'm hoping after a few days he will settle down, or otherwise this could be interesting.

On a side note, my time in DC was awesome! I will definitely be posting about that soon.

No comments: