Sunday, October 2, 2011

After church today my mom, sister, and I along with a friend got our nails done. Promise you I'm not a high-maintenance girl who has to have it, it is honestly very relaxing and afterward you feel just a little prettier. Ok, not like I have to defend it so why am I? Huh, maybe cause my little sister declared me "high maintenance" because I refused to roll the windows down, and wanted to use the AC. (said little sister also never had to drive a car with broken AC...) ;)

Anyway, on my drive back to my town house, I decided to take a detour to Riverside. I love driving by myself and could do it for hours just listening to my music. If I had more money for gas, I would do it more often. But today I decided to do it. My own little Sunday afternoon drive, if you will. With Nickel Creek playing (what is it about fall that makes me want to play Nickel Creek all the time?) and alone with my thoughts, I was happy as could be during that hour.

Listening to my music. Ignore the junk on the floor. My car, my rules.

Note the newly painted nails, ready for fall!
Yeah that's right, the spedometer is 55 and I'm taking pictures
Promise I watched the road.

An awesome little storefront. It was always one of my favorite places to drive by when I was driving to early clinicals in nursing school.

Love the tree-lined streets.

A park at Riverside. I wanted to get out and walk, but there seem to be a lot of creepers around the area. And since I value my well-being, I thought better of it.

This is a church I used to pass coming home from my clinicals at St. Vincent's. Once I passed a wedding party taking pictures out front, and so now I always think of weddings when I drive this way. Which isn't very often.

One of the many beautiful homes in Riverside. This is one of the smaller ones, too. Whenever I drive through these old little neighborhoods, I always imagine 40 or 50 years ago, people sitting out on their porch, kids riding their bikes, just a simpler time.

Then on the way back I stopped at Target, and the sweetest little boy, probably about two years old, thought for sure I was his mommy. It was really sweet, even if only by mistake, to be called Mommy. Ok, sounds silly and I sound like a sap but there you go. Got it out of my system, done. I really wanted to buy the fall boots they have out at Target, but you can be proud that I resisted!

It's been a grand several days off, filled with being with friends, birthday parties for friends' kids, church, and family. I need some time to relax and recuperate before heading back to work Tuesday. I have yet to feel rested at all from wedding weekend. Haven't had a decent night's sleep in over a week now.

OH! One more thing. I passed the pumpkin patch yesterday and bought myself a great big pumpkin! Now wouldn't it be cute to get a picture of my kitty right next to it, him being a cute little Halloween cat? Anyway, the weather's cooled down (temporarily) and it's October, the pumpkin spice lattes are out (even though I get coffee most of the time). It's fall and I'm happy!

No comments: