From a little 2-headed monster...
This is me and Amanda. I've known her since I was five years old. She came over one day with another neighborhood friend to play with us, and she was almost immediately one of the family- the fifth daughter.
We have always hung out off and on again, but especially rekindled our friendship in 2005 the summer after I graduated high school. She was in between semesters in nursing school, and so we spent a great part of that summer together hanging out. I remember we watched the movie Mary Poppins a lot! Now whenever I watch it, I'm often nostalgic for those carefree summer days we shared.
She is now married with a little girl, but we still find time to hang out about once a week. We call it our weekly Tuesday night hang-out time. I go to her house, where we may watch TV or a movie, talk, take Emily for a walk, and eat dinner. It's become something I really look forward to each week. Amanda is a good friend. She has even hung out with me when I've been nothing but a stick in the mud through the last couple of months. At a time of grief for my grandparents, as well as losing a strong friendship that was once a constant in my life, she has been such a good friend to me.
So, thanks, Amanda! Friends for 18 years (almost 19?)... so here's to 80 more!


1 comment:
Oh and I love this post. People always used to think I was a Bear and so I really do consider you guys family! A good friend can not talk for some time and yet still pick up where they left off like almost no time has past.
Post a Comment