Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm sure it's fall somewhere, but not in Florida. It is as hot and humid as ever here on October 29th-- and has been for over a week. I have never really experienced much fall short of a few backpacking trips to northern Georgia a few times in high school. Never watched the leaves fall, or had too much of the cool crisp air. I know that people up north will tell me this is so much better, but I just wish we got four seasons here. I want to live somewhere and experience that, even if it's only for a couple of years. Florida's great for vacation, but not really living. Oh well.

I found out this week that I will be off Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I'm so relieved! My family will be here, so that was the holiday I really wanted off. Christmas I have accepted that I will very likely be working (in fact I wouldn't mind much since my family won't be here). I wish I could get the entire weekend off, but I will only have to work Saturday. Unfortunately I do work every single weekend this month-- and only one Sunday off. I will make sure that changes after this, because I don't mind every other Sunday. It seems a little unfair to put someone on every weekend, but then who am I to judge that? I'm the newbie anyway, they can do what they want. Yesterday someone even told me that it's not a big deal for me to work the weekends since I don't have a boyfriend. I wasn't offended, but actually thought it was funny because they just automatically assume my life is void of anything fun or exciting without a man. I actually am really enjoying my life right now, thank you very much. :)

I have today and tomorrow off, hurrah! For the next few weeks my schedule will off 2, on 2, which I don't think is too bad. See ya!

No comments: