I enjoyed my first weekend as a working woman. After five days of orientation I was exhausted, and definitely had a good weekend. Even though I have to study up on EKG stuff, I think I am really going to enjoy my days off. There aren't going to be huge deadlines, papers, projects, presentations, etc, hanging over my head. A little studying isn't so bad.
My med dose calc test went well. I think I stressed too much over it, but they did pull some crazy stuff out of a hat for that test.
My first day on the floor is Wednesday. I'm trying not to let myself get too nervous about it. I will only be given 2 or so patients, and even then I'm supposed to only shadow my nurse this week. I have the same preceptor that I had this summer, and even though I was up to taking a full load of patients as a student, I'm going to request to start off like any other new RN. In a sense I don't just want to start where we left off, because then I was a student. Now I have a license, and I'm taking that very seriously. Not to mention it has been over two months since I have had any patient contact, and you can forget very quickly.
I think I'm going to go back to BSF tonight. It has been a long time. I was only able to be really committed last fall, and even then it was hit and miss with getting the lessons done. Because I will be in GN/New RN classes Monday mornings for 10 weeks I won't be working on the floor on Mondays. I really need to get back into a routine with having a quiet time daily. I have let the craziness of life take over, and that's got to stop.
2 comments:
IF you have any EKG questions, just bring them to the EKG master.
Glad you're doing BSF!!! I need to get into a class sometime soon.
I hope you haven't found a buddy who laughs with you during hymn singing. Inappropriate
Post a Comment