I think the exhaustion from my three days of work has only just been hitting me yesterday and today. All of the excitement on Saturday with Hannah and Damon's wedding sort of masked it, and after all the fun I had I'm so tired (and the wedding was a BLAST! I'm so happy for them!). I go back tomorrow, but thankfully will have two more days off before another lovely three in a row. This is going to take some major getting used to. I never really even got around to my BSF lesson this week, so already I'm missing out tonight. On top of that being tired is keeping me home.
Weary, exhausted, tired, worn out, and the list could go on. Maybe it's horrible that I'm sitting out BSF. I was even talking to my mom about the legalism that exists in Christian circles when it comes to missing church or Bible study or Sunday school, etc, for such reasons. We begin to measure our holiness or where we stand with Christ by keeping a tally of how many times you don't miss church. I'm not sure this exists so much in my church as I have seen in others, but it's still there. What ever happened to us being human? I'm so tired I want to cry, and physically what I need to do is just rest! Maybe this is just me trying to ease a guilty conscience.
So, I did have a good weekend. Melissa and Allison were home, and Hannah and Damon's wedding was fun. I did not catch the bouquet, and for once did not even really try. The camera even caught my look of enthusiasm (note sarcasm) when the DJ announced for the single ladies to come out on the dance floor. I made a face and when I looked up, there the video camera was, pointed right at me. Awesome. I wonder if Hannah will see it, she would probably laugh! :) Ask Allison about her experience!
I'm still adjusting to this new schedule, and I think I will be for a few months yet. If you think about it and can pray for me, I'd be grateful. I am realizing this is an indefinite period of my life. I won't be graduating from this in four years. Just realizing that holidays will no longer be the same, my weekends will not always fall the same time as other peoples', things like that. I guess this is what they call being an adult?
No comments:
Post a Comment